Epic Landscapes: Photos from the UK.
Six photos from the winners of the 2010 “Take A View” photography competition from walkmag.co.uk. Photos can be seen in full view here, which include:
- Nicola Harkness: Waterfall of Smoo Burn, seen through the dim light of the second chamber of the cave – a combined sea and freshwater cave in the far north of Sutherland. (main [large] photo)
- Dudley Williams: “Sand Patterns” – photograph of a freshwater run-off across a beach on the Isle of Eigg, Scotland, creating stunning patterns in the sand. The soft tones are provided by the late-winter dawn. (top left [small] photo)
- Stephen Garnett: Image of Malham Moor in winter, North Yorkshire, England. (top middle [small] photo)
- Slawek Staszczuk: View of the South Downs near Kingston, East Sussex, England. (top right [small] photo)
- Antony Spencer’s Corfe Castle, Dorset, England. (bottom left photo)
- Marcus McAdam: “Ice Steps”, taken at Sligachan on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. (bottom right photo)